Soulbound (or Non-Transferrable) tokens are tokens which once minted to an address, cannot be transferred away.
With HyperMint collections, this restriction can be enabled & disabled at anytime allowing you to facilitate scenarios such as:
- Identity tokens which represent a wallet's profile (always non-transferrable)
- Token gating for events where transfers are temporarily suspended
- Closed communities where transfers are restricted based on custom rules (see below)
When setting up a Collection, you have the option to make the Tokens non-transferable via the selector:
To enable/disable transfers, on a collection open the Tokens tab and scroll down to the transfers section. The
Allow Public Transfers selector can be changed to alter the ability to transfer tokens.
The HyperMint implementation of non-transferrable tokens allows for greater flexibility than just banning transfers completely. The following is a list of allowed transfers even when Public Transfers are disabled:
- Minting of new tokens
- Reserving tokens
- Transferring of reserved tokens to addresses
- Pre-signed authorised transfers (coming soon)
Something not quite right, unclear or can't find what you are looking for? Please let us know at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Updated 2 months ago