MoonPay offers a sandbox environment so you can develop your integration and confirm that it works correctly before going live.
- Initialize the widget using your test publishable API key with our SDK. Your API KEY can be found on the API Reference authentication section.
- Enter a fiat amount < 200. Due to a limited amount of testnet coins, this helps reduce the need to top up our wallet addresses. Purchasing an amount greater than 200 may result in a failed transaction with the error Your payment was declined by your bank.
- Enter your email address. This will trigger an automated login code sent to your email inbox.
We recommend you use one test account in sandbox for all your test transactions. Creating multiple test accounts may result in those accounts getting flagged by our systems.
- At the payment screen choose the debit card option and enter one of the following Test Credit Cards. Do not enter authentic payment card information, as this will result in a failed transaction.
- From here you will be asked to carry out an identity check also known as KYC. We may request your SSN or other identity documents. KYC documents and information submitted in the sandbox widget will not be validated. Instead, the widget will provide 3 options for you to select from so you can test the user flow: Approve, Final Rejection, and Request additional information.
- Enter the testnet wallet address of the cryptocurrency you are purchasing.
- Once you've hit the "Pay" button, all Cryptocurrency withdrawals are executed on test networks:
- Sepolia Testnet for ETH (Ethereum)
- Sepolia Testnet for ERC-20 tokens
- Testnet3 for Bitcoin
- BitcoinCash Testnet for Bitcoin Cash
- Binance Testnet for Binance Coin
- Jungle2.0 Testnet for EOS
- Litecoin Testnet for Litecoin
- Stellar Testnet for Stellar
ERC-20 token transfers on the Ethereum network will use our ERC-20 MoonPayToken. For example, purchasing USDC ERC-20 in sandbox will show a transfer of our MoonPayToken in the transaction hash.
All Ethereum (not ERC-20 token) purchases in sandbox will result in the transfer 0.001 Sepolia ETH regardless of the purchased amount, as we have a finite amount of testnet ETH.
We would appreciate it if, after testing, you returned testnet coins to us at the wallet addresses below.
|Testnet wallet address
Flow & FUSD
Empty testnet wallet
An empty testnet wallet will result in a
Transaction processing failederror when you and other developers try to complete transactions. You may top up the wallet with your own testnet coins or use any available online faucet, e.g. https://sepolia-faucet.pk910.de/ to top up Sepolia ETH.
Updated 19 days ago